Friday, October 5, 2012

Oreo Muffins

I did not make these- my mom discovered this recipe on
Nabisco World and that is where the picture is from.
Milk, Egg, Peanut, and Nut Free

1-3/4 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup cold milk free, soy free margarine
1-1/2 Tbsp. water, 1-1/2 Tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. baking powder (Egg Substitute- mix together in separate bowl before adding to the mix)
1 cup soy milk
16 Oreo cookies coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Mix egg substitute together in a separate bowl and add in soy milk; whisk until well blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Gently stir in chopped cookies. Spoon evenly into 12 greased or paper-lined medium muffin cups.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool slightly on wire rack and serve warm.

I really enjoyed these muffins-- and my friends do too! They can be a little dry, but as I am not a professional baker, I cannot tell you how to fix that. If anyone makes these and figures out how to fix it, let me know! In the mean time, enjoy!

Please remember to double check all ingredients for your allergens!

-Alli


No comments:

Post a Comment